PLP Architecture is seeking a technically minded and self-motivated Design Technology Coordinator to join our London studio, to act as a mentor by coaching and motivating teams in the use of design technologies. We are looking for a candidate who has experience working within a large practice managing models from multiple authors, through concept, schematic, and detailed design stages.
- Provide technical support for core design technologies in line with company standards and best practice.
- Liaise regularly with Design Technology Manager to help improve consistency and quality across the practice.
- Be pro-active in maintaining and advancing knowledge of design software and industry developments.
- Support the development and implementation of interoperability workflows between design and coordination of applications.
- Support teams in achieving compliance with any Client BIM requirements.
- Support task automation by authoring or implementing scripts.
- Apply specialist knowledge to undertake complex modelling, data management and analysis tasks.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 year’s experience specialising in CAD/BIM applications, with a focus on Revit.
- Experience with Rhino preferrable.
- Experience with visual programming in either Grasshopper or Dynamo is highly preferrable.
- Experience with a broader set of applications and plugins is preferrable, including, but not limited to: Rhino.Inside, Enscape, Twinmotion, BIMcollab, Revizto, Power BI, Solibri, Navisworks
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Building Information Modelling and common industry standards and deliverables required.
- Experience coding in Python, C# or other language compatible with core applications is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and time management skills
This is a full-time permanent position with benefits, based in our London office. All candidates should be eligible to work in the UK.
PLP is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please send your CV and portfolio (maximum 10MB) to [email protected] and include ‘Design Technology Coordinator’ in the subject line.